[access-uk] Re: Android devil's advocate

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:22:46 +0100

Android is free and open-source, so with all the caveats about system
requirements noted here on the list, you could in theory use any version you
like. Whether it would work depends on all sorts of factors. There are plenty
of people offering ROMs to perform unofficial upgrades, though unless you know
what you're doing, be it on your own head! and you'll likely void your warranty.

For most of us, it's a matter of looking online and in your local phone
emporiums to see what's actually on offer ready-made.

Vince.