[access-uk] Re: An observation and a curiosity

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:49:59 -0000

Three emoticons are mostly used. The smiley face, open mouth smiley and the
winking smiley. I can't remember all of the emoticons and I'm pretty sure that
the vast majority of computer users can't either.!

Just for the record, I don't mind at all following what ever practises people
agree on here. As well I'm very comfortable using smileys outside this list;
using emoticons never been an issue for me. I was just thinking about new
computer users that are joining this list to learn and to get the confidence. I
feel it'll be unfair on them to teach them practises that aren't used outside
here unless there's a good reason for that. That's all. I see that some people
already learned something new from this discussion! Isn't that good?! ;)

Cheers,
Amro