[access-uk] Re: An observation and a curiosity

  • From: "Mark Threadgold" <m.j.threadgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:38:00 -0000

This goes back to the writing of html where the tag for starting a line of
code is enclosed in the two signs such as <grin>.

The end of the portion of code is represented by the same word in the
characters but with a slash preceding it such as </grin>.

Over time folks have simply stopped putting in the <> signs round the tag.

Incidently, I don't hear any smilies when written with ;) or similar as i
have the amount of punctuation and verbosity set very low to speed up the
speech output.  This does get confusing when someone asks a question about
them, for instance!!

hth,

Mark Threadgold

Of all the things I have ever lost, The one I miss most is my mind...

  _____