[access-uk] Re: An O2 story with lessons to be learned

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:11:30 -0000

Hi Jackie,

Sounds like a very stressful time indeed!

Having sent various phones off for replacements or repairs I've always,
always, always, always advised people to back their phone up using PC Suite.
No matter what your told in the store or ont he phone as soon as it hits a
Nokia Technicians bench it will be wiped.  This appears to be part of their
standard troubleshooting procedure.  Sure, it can be a software or firmeware
issue at times but it's an utter disgrace that they are allowed to do this
sledge-hammer approach (IMHO), to solving a problem witha  phone.  Imagine
if PC world or such like blew your PC/mac away, even if it was a Hardware
issue?

You've the same I phone as myself and the same plan with O2 that I have.  So
by all means feel free to shout if you need assistance.

Glad it worked out reasonably well for you in the end but I am genuinely
feeling your pain.  It's that kinda stuff that makes my normally calm self
slip and I fight the urge to put my head or someone elses through a plate
glass window! Lol

Barry

database 5906 (20110225) __________