[access-uk] Re: An Audio Question

  • From: "Peter Logue" <castle2008@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 23:26:22 +0100

Hi Kevin,
If I get the chance I'll rip a CD in a lossless format. Flac if   I can get it
or WMA otherwise.  This does many times quadripple the size of the file, but as
you say, hard drives are cheap these days.  I sometimes take a copy of a CD for
personal use from my local library and rip it as WMA or flac format, my windows
media player will play both WMA or flac. The quality is superb. But for my
little portable Iriver the 320 kbps files are just great, though the Iriver
does also play flac files.

Peter Logue

From beautiful Helensburgh on the firth of Clyde.
Skype Contact: