[access-uk] Amazon echo or google home?

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "dudleym" for DMARC)
  • To: c <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 10:24:35 +0100

Hi Folks

My Sonus 1xt is faulty and I'm looking at getting iether an Amazon Echo or Google Home smart speakers (or if htere is any other smart speaker) for listening to my radio stations.

It may just be a personal preference but can I have peoples thoughts on which to get as there may be a difference in sound quality? I don't want it to do anything flashy like turning lights on etc, all I want to do is to ask it to play for instance Majic or Radio 5 and for me not to have to sign up to any monthly membership etc. . So is this possible?

I would probably go for the smaller version of speaker so It'll fit on top of my kitchen cupboards. WiFi connectivity is not a problem.

Bye the way if it makes any difference in my choice I have a google chromecast attached to my TV.

Thanks
Martin

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq