[access-uk] Re: Always on ADSL/cable differences

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:15:13 -0000

Yep, my mum, currently using BT broadband basic, has to go through this each time her laptop is switched on. That is, if she plans to surfe the net during the windows session. She couldn't understand why she had to dial up, or in even to be connect and always on.

However, i'm still with NTL and that truely is always on, exactly as the wording suggest. I dont know the process of how i get connected when I switch on the computer but, what I've observed is the modem flashing all of its light, then falling into some kind of pattern, by then, the pc is fully loaded and, I just surfe the net without any dialing up. It seems to be different for cable broadband as opposed to ADSL

Justin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>