[access-uk] AfterShokz bone conducting headphones

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 11:09:01 +0100

Following recent threads, I have just received a pair of these that I
purchased yesterday from S and S.

I went for the wired version as I primarily want to use them with talking
books on players that don't support Bluetooth.  I had considered the Bluez
version, with the suggestion of using an adaptor, but decided not to go down
that route.

My first impressions are that these are very useful for listening to speech
without having your ears covered.  I don't think the sound is fantastic
though, so won't be listening to music using these any time soon! I need to
go into Maghera later, so may give them a whirl using GPS.

They come in a neat little case, complete with cable to charge the battery
on your PC.  As it happens though, my Nexus 7 cable fits the micro USB
socket, so if you have an alternative means of charging them without your
computer being on, all well and good.

I like the way the band of these headphones goes round the back of your head
instead of over it.  A little box on the wire has a clip on the back of it
to peg to your clothing, and distinctive up and down volume buttons, as well
as the on/off button.  The micro USB socket has a little cover over it that
you peel back to plug in the cable supplied.

Finally, I ordered these from the S and S website some time yesterday
afternoon, and received them this morning.  That is good service!

All in all, not bad for audio, but I haven't tested them outside yet.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace