[access-uk] Advice wanted: what to do with lightly used laser all in one

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCAB Discussion List <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 08:22:34 +0100

Hello Everyone.

Please forgive the cross posting. I'd like some advice please. Does anyone know the best way of passing on a Canon MF4570DN laser all in one printer/scanner/copier/fax to someone who may make use of it? I was wondering if there are companies out there who buy them. This is a very lightly used unit, and in case any of you are interested, following is an advert I wrote for it in an attempt to sell it. Ideally i'd like something for it as its an excellent and fully accessible unit, and very easy to use with a full compliment of raised buttons, no nasty touch screens. I know this is not a list for selling and i'm not putting this out there for that reason, though if someone wants it i'm not complaining. I was curious what we should be doing with kit like this. there are loads of PC recycling companies, but they either want stuff like this for free or want stuff in bulk before they'll shell out. the add follows, do not read further if not interested. feel free to make me a sensible offer if you're interested.

Hello Everyone.

Today i have for sale a lightly used canon all in one black and white laser printer/scanner/copier with fax support. it has a built in automatic document
feeder for scanning things like bank statements or multiple page documents, as well as a standard scanner. it has a full compliment of buttons, not a touch screen in site and is fully accessible weather you're controling it directly from your computer, or from the printer it self. it can be shared over a network and controled via a web browser, and also has USB connectivity. There is a quarter used toner cartridge installed with capacity for printing roughly 1500 pages remaining, and i will also supply a brand new toner cartridge which has a capacity to print up to 2000 pages. ink for this printer is also very cheaply available at just over £20. i have used compatibles from cartridge people and the toner quality is exactly the same. The software installation and useage is also fully accessible with screen readers and its fully compatible with kurzweil or similar software. A summary of the printer's features is at the bottom of this email.

I'm asking £180 or nearest sensible offer. Payments via bank transfer or paypal family and friends payments.

Thanks for reading, a link to product page and summary follows.

http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Multifunctionals/Laser/i-SENSYS_MF4570dn/

Compact and stylish

This compact, network-ready 4-in-1 is designed for small teams in the office or for personal use at home. Productive and stylish it offers high quality

print, copy, scan and fax functionality in one space saving device.
Superior image quality

An enhanced print resolution of up to 1200 x 600 dpi delivers professional laser output for all your work, with sharp text and fine graphics. Impress customers,

colleagues and friends by printing professional looking double-sided documents – whilst saving paper at the same time.

35-sheet Automatic Document Feeder

For added productivity, multi-page documents can be copied, scanned and faxed with ease using the incorporated 35-sheet ADF.
Network ready

The i-SENSYS 4570dn is network-ready, enabling small teams to easily share its productive capabilities. As well as offering network scanning, a Remote

User Interface lets users and administrators monitor and manage machine status directly from their web browsers.

Easy to use

The i-SENSYS MF4570dn features a simple and intuitive LCD interface designed for easy operation. With 5 lines of text plus animations, features can be

quickly and easily accessed and more information can be communicated saving time and effort.

Save time and energy

With an output speed of 25 ppm and a Fast First Copy Out Time of less than 9 seconds, prints and copies are delivered the moment you need them. With quick

recovery from sleep mode, thanks to Quick First-Print technologies, long waits for your documents are a thing of the past. Additionally, this economical

device uses only 3 watts in sleep mode, ensuring energy efficiency.

Versatile colour scanning

Scanning colour documents and photos is easy and highly versatile using a resolution as high as 9600 x 9600 dpi. Files can be scanned directly to email,

or searchable PDF using the MF Toolbox, enabling them to be quickly retrieved in the future. Additionally, Windows users can scan directly over the network

using the MF Toolbox.

All-in-One cartridge

The All-In-One recyclable cartridge ensures maintenance-free operation and continuous high quality output. Replace the compact cartridge in seconds – containing

toner, drum and cleaning units – with an Authentic Canon Laser Cartridge and your multifunctional is as good as new.

very best wishes,

Mo, Lincolnshire, UK.