[access-uk] Re: Advice re router purchase

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 18:12:00 +0100

Thanks for this, Amro - very helpful indeed.  Thanks also to Carol, Steve and
Adrian for their
input - I hope that you don't mind me not acknowledging individually, but I
don't want to clutter
up the list too much.

Despite my initial enthusiasm for the Access point, I now feel inclined to look
for a good 4
port router with firewall etc.

Actually the 1 port router supplied by Demon is a Thomson Speedtouch 510 which
has done
its job well during the last 6 weeks or so.  It was pre-configured and the fact
that I have never
succeeded in getting into it to make a copy of the settings has only been a
minor irritation.  I
think the 585 would be worth considering - but hope that the same problem would
not arise!

I will spend some time studying the DSL-warehouse site this weekend and
probably follow
your suggestion and come back to the list before actually placing an order.

Thanks again,

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison