[access-uk] Advice please: Selling used computer and licensed software

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive.pallett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:49:01 -0000

Hello everyone,

All being well, finances permitting, I am hoping my wife will buy for my birthday an MSI Wind U100 10-inch netbook which Argos are currently selling for £199 (by the way, they call these machines mini laptops). Once I am familiar with it, I will be selling my Toshiba Satellite A60 Pro laptop which I purchased from Dolphin computer Access four years ago last April. Obviously I would remove all personal data, but wonder if it would be better to sell as is or reinstall the proprietary software before selling. I ask this because during installation you need to enter your name to create a user account.

Also, I am now using NVDA for my screen reader and wish to sell my Hal software. One box contains version 5.30 with print and audio manuals and I purchased an upgrade to version 6.0 when I bought my laptop. As this is licensed to me, 5.30 must be installed before installing 6.0. How do I get the license transferred to a prospective purchaser?

Any help with the above is most appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Clive pallett

07:54:00