[access-uk] Re: Advice please

  • From: "gerald alner" <Gerald.Alner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:53:33 +0000

I have read a newspaper article in a .jpg file with Fine Reader.  I could try a
.gif file if you know of one on a web page.
--Original Message Text---
From: Peter Logue
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:10:12 -0500

Hi Peter B.
You can't do that. I haven't yet heard of a twain scanner that will even scan
such text. What you can do is, 1. create an alt tag
if the text isn't too long;  there's a proper html element if the text is a
paragraph long or more, (see wc3 guidelines). 2, create a
link containing the text of the graphic and have a link on the graphic pointing
to that html document. An alt within the graphic
might read <alt="Click here for text equivalent."> That should do it.

Peter