[access-uk] Advice on accessible DAB radios

  • From: Gary Robinson <gary.r30@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 16:33:59 +0100

Hi all,

My sonus 1XP talking DAB has finally died. I have tried resetting it to factory defaults etc to no avail. The Pure web site has a contact us e mail with a captcha with no audio alternative, not exactly helpful, and I guess after all this time the repair cost or even the possibility of a repair will not be viable.

so I am looking for a reasonably accessable alternative for use as a bedside radio/alarm. Ideally I want to be able to set it up without sighted assistance, but I guess that this may no longer be possible, I have not found any talking DAB radios around and RNIB seem to have had a long standing gap in their product range when it comes to accessable DAB devices.

does anyone know of any devices which can be programmed up from a PC via USB etc or via an IPOD etc?

Any information or ideas welcomed.

Gary