[access-uk] Advent laptops: your thoughts, please?

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 21:17:24 -0000

Hello all,
This isn't for me, but my father is looking for a laptop to give to my
sister for Christmas. This is so she can do college work and perhaps a bit
of online activity. He saw an Advent Rumour 1500 laptop presumably on
Amazon, and I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on Advent laptops in
general? As for me, I don't like where they position keys like insert,
delete, home, end, etc. As I have never owned an Advent laptop I can only
tell you what I saw in the shops. My father's looking for the cheapest
laptop possible. They all seem to have 3GB onboard RAM, 500GB HDD and either
Windows Vista or Windows 7, mainly Windows Vista.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Chat soon.