[access-uk] Re: Advent Laptops - Any Experiences?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:34:24 -0000

Caroline, Chris and anyone following this thread, my sister bought an
HP laptop earlier this year at a knockdown price.  the strangest thing
about it was that the keyboard was set up in US layout, even though
the keyboard itself is a UK keyboard.  I had to go into regional
settings to change this.

Must admit I'm not used to laptops and I find the layout makes me feel
as if I'm in an alien world.  Add to that the keys are flat, no raking
of the keys, and I find it thoroughly uncomfortable to use.

I really do dislike the way keyboards have gone on laptops, and were I
to consider ever buying anything like this it would be with a desktop
replacement keyboard layout with numeric keypad.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx