[access-uk] Adobe problem.

  • From: chairman@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:43:29 +0100

Greetings,

So far as I know, I have Adobe correctly loaded on my Evesham laptop with
WindowsM.E and Jaws v4.50.

I tried installing Adobe v7 (full) but the installation came up with an
error saying my Windows was not sufficiently up-to-date.  I was happy with
this for now.

Anyway, the version I have is 6.something or other, it's the latest pre-7 I
could get and it runs ok, accessing files and giving me no problems.

Now, some sites open Adobe fine and I can access .pdf from there no
problems, but others appear to be looking for Adobe and come up with a
message saying Adobe plugin can't find Adobe reader on my system.

Please can somebody advise me what may be wrong?  What further information
might anybody need to advise how either to fool the website(s) or to stop
this happening?  I presume there is something somewhere incorrectly set or
something.

The program is installed using it's default paths and there is the usual
icon on the desktop.

All the best

from:

Colin R. Howard.