[access-uk] Adobe Digital Editions

  • From: "Nind, Rich M" <R.M.Nind@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:54:52 -0000

Hello all,

Does anybody have any experience with Adobe Digital Editions?. It seems to be
an add-on to the new version of Adobe Reader. We just had Adobe Reader
installed on our network here at Sheffield Hallam, and now a lot of PDFs are
being opened in this add-on (it looks like its flash based). It locks out
screen readers, and copying text to the clipboard. I know this is an issue with
locked pdfs, but we didn't have this with the previous edition of Adobe 7.

thanks
Rich

Richard Nind
Technical Advisor
Disabled Student Support Team / Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre
Sheffield Hallam University
Tel: 0114 2255311
Email: r.m.nind@xxxxxxxxx