[access-uk] Re: Adobe Audition help?

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 01:24:10 -0000

Hi Billy
I can do this in Audition 1.5 but it's hit or miss. Using the various presets Audition can limit in various ways the central channel where most vocals sit - I don't understand all the configurations but the presets can work on various frequencies. If the vocals have echo on them then it usually leaves a trace. there is an accessible program called Vocal Remover, but in general I found Audition to be slightly more effective, but still not enough to produce tracks I would use.

Can I ask you Billy, how accessible is Audition 3 with Jaws? I was led to believe that the Jaws scripts stopped wth 1.5 and that version 2 used a totally different interface which was largely inaccessible and would need a radical rewriting of the scripts. Is Version 3 more accessible and are there enough new and updated features for me to upgrade from 1.5? Also does version 3 use standard windows menus and keypresses, and will it work with Vista?
Regards.
Gordon Mcfarlane
----- Original Message ----- From: "TrueBlue & Proud" <billy72@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>