[access-uk] Re: Adding my netbook to my network

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 01:13:51 -0000

Hi Andy.

No, there's no need to make your wireless network unsecure, you probably set a
user name and password when you set up the router.  If you can't remember the
user name or password, try looking in the router's manual for the defaults, the
user name should be something like "admin" or "root" without the quotations
marks.  I don't use netgear products so I'm not entirely sure of the default
password, but if you have got internet access at least, you can go to the
netgear support pages at www.netgear.com and I bet you there's a knowledge base
article answering just this question.

All the best, Ibrahim