[access-uk] Re: Ad aware Help

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:33:11 +0100

MessageHi Sharon,

Have you tried checking for updates in Spybot?  You can check for updates on
the Actions menu, or there's a button there to do it.  I found that once I
got all current updates, it got rid of a lot more rubbish, including
pop-ups.  I personally prefer Spybot to Ad Aware, because it is more
user-friendly, particularly if you have JFW.  You can use both with
Window-Eyes, and both with JFW, if you employ the JAWS cursor a lot.  It is
easier with Ad Aware with Window-Eyes, only because you always have a live
mouse, rather than popping in and out of different cursors, like you do with
JFW.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx