[access-uk] Re: Accessing talking books on the Ipod help please

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:43:52 -0000

Hi Scot.

I’m very surprised you’d be having trouble with In Daisy, especially as it was
specifically designed to meet the needs of visually impaired and blind users,
however to answer your question re audible, the app is certainly very straight
forward to use, however I’d urge you to make your purchases through a PC as the
Audible app does not provide a mechanism to buy books through in app purchases
the way some content based services are offered.  Also, I strongly suggest you
take out a monthly membership plan as books are offered at a significant
discount through the credits system and there are often special offers and
discounts only available to Audible members.  At the moment for instance, every
title on Audible is reduced by 40% for the holiday season.

All the best and good luck with your audible journey.