[access-uk] Accessing crossword grid without sighted assistance?

  • From: "Hussein Patwa " <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:23:10 -0000

Apologies for the duplication if any, I forgot to send the original as plain
text.

Hello,

I would be grateful for any thoughts on this as I'm relatively new to it and
have never given it thought before.

My friend was doing a crossword with me yesterday over the phone.  I would
give him the answers and he would fill in the grid on his CCTV.  I then
realised that the clues are also printed in one of the newspapers I receive
electronically, but they do not replicate the grid (for obvious reasons
being a text only service).

How does one go about handling this sort of thing when one cannot see the
grid?  I mean, you could get the answers to the clues, but I assume you'd
have no way of getting the additional hints using letters from already
derived words, their spacing, etc, as you would if you were filling in a
printed grid.

I'd really like to have a go at the crossword myself (who wouldn't when
there's a £500 prize!) and was wondering if anyone here knew of a way I
could do this independently?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a rather lame question - hardly the highest
priority, I know.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

I am participating in the 2009 National Novel Writing Month Challenge.
Follow my progress at http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/498747

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.
Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do this if
required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.  Thank
you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.

database 4677 (20091210) __________