[access-uk] Re: Accessing apps on the MacBook

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:20:08 +0100

Hi Andy

Partly as a word of caution, and partly because the memory makes me laugh a
lot, be careful if you bugger about with the voices on your device.  When
Martin was new to the Mac and was learning to use his Mac Mini, he tried out
some of the other voices besides Alex with hilarious but frustrating
consequences.  One voice was spoken with every word sounding as though it
were laughing, making it almost impossible to understand, and therefore
difficult to get it back to Alex.  He managed to retrieve Alex in the end,
somehow, but it was really funny and annoying at the same time.  I wish Alex
was on the smaller Apple devices, but I believe it has something to do with
memory that he can't be used.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace