[access-uk] Re: Accessible theme and audio vs screenreaders

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:18:13 +0000

I was hoping for a bit more input regarding design, but here's where I'm at now.

http://www.rgpc.co.uk/tntest/input2.php

Needs sound on, obviously. There's only 4 in the database for the
test, try typing a couple of different cities round the country.

I've read many many many guides to making it accessible including the
one from RNIB; things like making sure you don't have to click into
the form first, and making sure "enter" works rather than clicking a
button.

I realise the flash player isn't ideal for everyone, an alternative
player will play if no flash when fully launched, but this is mainly
just testing the overall system and layout for usability.

I'm most interested to know whether screen readers clash with the
audio player. And should I also have audio on the first page?