[access-uk] Re: Accessible or not accessible? (Was: Really good, accessible web sites.)

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 23:48:41 +0100

Hi Tink,

Re your comment:- "Window Eyes apparently has the edge over
Jaws with Flash links, but I'd suggest that the phrase
"uk/main_uk.htm" is only easy to interpret if you're
familiar with links and possibly know a little about the
Internet.

I tend to agree with you here.  Speaking as a sighted
person, the visual links list the countries by name.  O.K.
so giving the full link is fine, but what about "Eire",
which is displayed visually as "Ireland".

Be assured I have no wish whatsoever to appear political,
but I am really going to put the cat amongst the proverbial
pigeons.

Is Belfast in Eire, or Ireland, because the link show a
store in Belfast - and Galway, and Dublin.

(I think I'd better run for cover now before my two
co-moderators stitch me up! - Smile)

George.