[access-uk] Re: Accessible label printer

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:20:09 +0100

Hi Carol,

Even with sight, I've always found it a pain in the whatnot to produce
just one label.  These label printers are designed to produce one or
more self adhesive labels from a roll.

I forgot another label application we use at the office.  SmartStamp.
We print our own postage stamps.  It's cheaper than having a franking
machine, but does cost £4.99 a month.  But where could I get a
franking machine for just under £60 a year?

George.

From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 14:22:41 +0100

Hi Carol,

They are all much the same.  In fact between home and ofice, we have
at least one from each manufacturer.  They are all thermal printers,
so you never need ink or ribbons.  The are relatively easy to load
once you been shown a time or two.

You asked about uses.  Greetings cards - as well as the address label,
you can add a "From" label inside the card with a message if you want.
Property labels - "If found, please telephone bla, bla".  Keep a few
in your purse or wallet as business cards.  Junk mail - "Please return
to sender".

And if you are one of these really lucky and clever people with a bar
code reader, you can print your own bar codes to label all manner of
things.

George.