[access-uk] Re: Accessible invoicing software?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 19:33:17 +0100

hi mike.

Many thanks for your advice, Yes, we will certainly need to talk on ventrilo. it sounds like an excellent idea and thankfully 1 easy to implement. I should be online at the weekend hopefully, or in the evenings this week.

all the best,

Mo.

On 27/05/2015 19:26, Mike Ray wrote:

Mo,

I'm currently using a combination of LibreOffice Writer and LibreOffice
Calc to set up profit and loss accounts, status tracking for assets and
business letters in Writer.

Both Calc and Writer are very accessible on Windows with NVDA and on
Linux with Orca.

There is one small problem with Calc, when opening a spreadsheet it
sometimes needs something typed in to start the speech. But you can
undo any changes that mess up what is in the cell you land on.

I strongly recommend if you are going to use ANY office product, be it
LibreOffice or MS Office, that you listen to the whole of Ahuka's
serious on LibreOffice on Hacker Public Radio.

The way forward with both documents and spreadsheets is templates,
templates, templates and more templates.

Get some good templates set up and you will be good to go.

There are some great small business education pages on the BBC which
explain the concepts of profit and loss and other stuff.

Also...as an aside, on Linux 'pandoc' will convert a dozen different
formats into Open Document format. I have been writing business plans
and generating documents with tables of figures embedded in text with a
combination of markdown, txt2tags and pandoc.

We can talk on Ventrilo if you need more info.

Mike

On 26/05/2015 23:20, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
Hello Everyone.

I am wondering which software, either installable or web based people
tend to use for generating invoices? It would be very useful to know
which software is the most accessible for keeping your accounts up to
date, and for generating invoices in different formats, accessible if
possible...

any help greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance.

all the best,

Mo.