[access-uk] Re: Accessible R S S 1.5

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 23:22:49 +0100

Hi Steve

I'm just learning also.  I thought that the Accessible RSS was the same
creature as used for the BBC Listen Again.  However, I've visited:
http://www.webbie.org.uk/download.htm
and got the following explanation of the various packages available.

WebbIE
for web browsing = Read web pages and browse the web.

Accessible RSS
for RSS and news = Read RSS feeds, accessible ways to get news and info from
your favourites sites.

Accessible BBC Listen Again
for BBC radio programmes = Listen to and enjoy all the programmes broadcast by
the BBC in the last week.

Accessible Podcatcher
for free audio broadcasts = Listen to podcasts, audio recordings available for
free over the Internet.

Accessible Radio
for BBC radio stations = Get any of dozens of live radio stations on the
Internet and start listening now.

I use all of the above apart from Web ie and find them very easy to use.  I
only yesterday downloaded the Accessible Podcatcher and already I am able to
listen to Podcasts from around the world.  The Accessible Radio and Accessible
Listen Again are very useful and easy to use tools, but I've not yet tried out
the Accessible RSS.  If I can assist with any of the ones I am using please get
back to me.

Best wishes.

Andy