[access-uk] Accessible Nas solutions?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCAB Discussion List <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 11:31:43 +0100

Hello Everyone.

Please forgive the cross posting. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the following. I'm thinking of purchasing a nas solution for my home so users files are backed up in real time. Ideally, I'd like a solution where all files are stored locally i.e to internal hard drives, and you can install a dropbox stile app on each computer and specify folders to automatically back up. QNAP, Synology, Netgear, DLink and Buffalo all seem to be manufacturing Nas solutions. I've tried Synology in the past and wasn't a huge fan of their web interface. You couldn't do a lot with it at all which is a real shame as the devices have a lot of functionality. My primary concern is web interface accessibility. It would be nice to have a manufacturer that provides a decent web interface and that take accessibility seriously to the point that they're not breaking things every 2 minutes. I could build my own but i've then got the concern of how reliable the real time backup apps are in a home made solution. So, in short does anyone have any thoughts on which devices you've found to be accessible/reliable? iOS and android access is not essential. What web interfaces have you been able to access with screen readers? I look forward to your thoughts. Many thanks in advance for all comments, I'll do my best to respond but may not respond to everyone individually.

All the best,

Mo.

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq