[access-uk] Re: Accessible Kindle for pc

  • From: "Neil Jarvis" <neiljarvis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:48:44 +1300

Try this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vj5oue

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin" <drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2011 10:36 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Accessible Kindle for pc

Hi,

Does anyone have the link please? I've looked back through messages and can't find it. I recollect a Dropbox link, however this didn't work and I've deleted the email which contained it.

Many thanks,
Kevin

-----Original Message----- From: David Russell
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 6:40 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Accessible Kindle for pc

Hi all

Further to messages sent earlier this week, I have now downloaded and
briefly tried out this software. It enables you to download any books from
the kindle store from amazon.  You can read them whether they are text
enabled or not.  You do need to have a screen reader on your pc, but the
Kindle for pc tool uses its own speech which sounds quite acceptable.  I
have not yet found a way to change the speed or the voice, but I have hardly looked as yet. I just wanted to tell everyone that it does work, even with
the books which are not voice enabled.

Most books are cheaper for kindle than paperbacks or hardbacks, and there
are a good many books which are free. These are not only classics but also
some modern novels.  You can search for free books so it is easy to find
them.

First impressions are that it is not a great way of reading, as you have to
do it at your pc, but it is a definite step forward and makes many more
books available.

You do not have to do any ftricky book converting. It is all done for you.

I do not have the URL readily to hand but I think the messages were on
Monday of this week, i.e. 24 January.

David

-----
No virus found in this message.