[access-uk] Re: Accessible Internet Radio

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:53:26 -0000

Hi Graham

Yes, we've told Sky about it, but they don't know what a high Ping rate is. We've asked them to look into it on our behalf, but of course that has come to nothing.

We are looking at other broadband suppliers at the moment, but the problem is that one person will recommend an ISP, then someone else will recommend another and say the first recommendation is basically shite. So you just don't know who is better than who. Does this sound familiar to others?

Our modem/router is configured by Sky and comes in one unit. They replaced it last week because the power supply packed up in the old one. The modem/router they have given us now is a Sagem, a company who also make mobile phones.

Because we asked about Virgin Media last week, we got the predictable sales person banging on the door the other afternoon. Ian went downstairs and said we hadn't requested any visit. Their records were also old, because they thought Ian had the name of the previous tenant who lived here. I never gave my name to VM when making my phone enquiry, just my postcode and house number. Sorry guys, but I detest VM. I think their sales tactics are too intrusive, and they stink of desperation in our area at least.

Anyway, VM is too expensive for the equivalent package on Sky, so what other good providers are there on DSL that people use or could recommend? Blimey this is harder work than getting better (smiles).

Jackie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>