[access-uk] Re: Accessible Internet Radio

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:38:36 -0000

Jackie, I liked the USB stick facility too.  A nice touch that.

Obviously in lieu of speech feedback a large number of presets is a
must.  On the subject of speech access, if these sets did use Symbian
as Nokia phones do, then Talks would be an option.  I don't see that
these sets are going ever to go down that road.  Of course this begs
the question as to whether this sort of thing could be integrated into
a mobile phone cum PDA.

I do find myself wondering, and this is just a speculation, whether
the voice tagging thing could still be workable as it obviously works
for the things that don't change, such as menu functions.  Couldn't it
maybe be modified so that you could record your own voice tags?  So,
having tuned into a station, you could press a button or two and
simply speak the name of the station.

At the end of the day though, what's lacking is any sort of strategy
to allow for standardized interfacing of access, say via an SD card;
and better still, making that mandatory through EU legislation.  I
know, cows might fly!

My proposal for a going price for added accessibility was simply what
I'd pay, and I know that what I reckon (I) can afford or want to pay
is different to the markup some business people would reckon to be
their due.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: