[access-uk] Re: Accessible Internet Radio

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:57:16 -0000

Jackie, looking at the details just now the one you've opted for seems
to be about the best value for money.

The one a bit cheaper, the Acoustic Solutions  FM radio at near
£100.00 looks good too, but fewer presets.  It does though mention
support for Real Audio, and if you want to listen to BBC stuff then
maybe that might be a good thing.  In fact, I wonder if there would be
any way of linking to Listen Again, but I doubt it as addresses for
that must be ever changing as time goes on.  That really would be good
though to be able to listen to streams of programmes you've missed.

A few of the radios listed at Argos do have FM as well as the Internet
facility.  Only a mmatter of time perhaps before Internet radio is
combined with DAB.  That might make more sense still with the new
multi-media DAB standard when we start geting that, but we'll be faced
with the same lack of accessability no doubt.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx