[access-uk] Re: Accessible Imaging Software

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 10:44:37 -0000

I agree with you entirely Carole. I was doing a Webdesign Course myself in London and came upon a similar problem. I phoned the examination board Exel and they said it was not true and that arrangements can be made for visually impaired students. Sadly for me I only did the course for one term and then the college stopped it, lack of interest I was told and lack of funding so I never saw it through. However, what is the DDA all about but people with special needs having their needs met so indeed we would all back Chris. It is unfortunate to have added stress like this on a course, though enough doing the course as it is without additional stress put on due to one's visual impairment. I had a class assistant when I was on my course but we had problems there with the tutor/teacher. He would ask us to stop talking and I had to explain time and time again that, that was the purpose of the class room assistant for me, to tell me what he was writing up on the board!!!! I even choose to sit right at the back so that we would not disturb others too much but the tutor/teacher still had difficulty with understanding this and at every lesson he would ask us to stop talking.

Best.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>