[access-uk] Re: Accessible BBC Listen Again - problems, change to BBC service, and new program

  • From: "alex thynne" <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 23:57:41 +0100

Hi Alastair

very interesting indeed.  I will have a look at the new program but rather
than write to you privately, I thought I would drop a message on the list to
say I do have a problem already, but it's not serious.  I did an upgrade to
the latest version of the webbie suite  and I have two entries in my start
menu.  The first one relates to accessible sub-menu, but all there is in
there now is  google rss and podcast search.  The next item down in my start
menu is the  accessible and web IE sub menu with all the new versions of the
webbie suite of programs.  Perhaps I've done something wrong but I want to
clear out the entry in my start menu with the previous version of Webbie.

I'm not a techy person, so if you want to correspond with me off list,
please do so, I really don't mind, unless you want to write to me on the
list.

I really do like these programs, but I may have to install itunes because
some of the podcasts that might be of potential interest to me seem to be
available only on the itunes store.  I have had alot of pleasure in bbc
listen again and I am very much in favour of a suite of programs like yours,
which allows us to look at the range of what is available on the BBC in an
external program rather than look through the entire content of BBC I
player.

Alex
skype name: grytpype2006
windows live messenger name: alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx