[access-uk] Re: Accessibility on Sky

  • From: "CJ &AA MAY" <chrisalismay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:19:28 +0100

Big smiles!

Alison

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 29 April 2015 11:08
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Accessibility on Sky

Hello Alison,

Well, off list, we were talking about comedy script writing the other day.so
here's my part serious, part comic take on Sky Talker:

I agree that sky talker is useful but:

1. It's a pity the foice sounds so much like the love-child of
Bluebottle from the Goons and Dobbie the harry Potter House Elf!

2. There are still too many situations in which it reports that: "No
audio-description is available".

3. Has it been possessed by the ghost of Fred Elliott from Coronation
Street? I said Fred Elliot from Coronation Street? It often takes far too
long, I said far too long, to say everything twice.

4. I wish when it had something to say, such as the on the hour time
announcement, it could fade down the programme you're watching, rather than
cut it out. So that you don't get interruptions at crucial moments, like:
"And the winner of this year's X factor is ten o'clock, ITV News and
Weather". You rotten swine you, you've deaded the programme again!

Best,

Clive