[access-uk] Accessibility of Steganos

  • From: "ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 16:08:05 +0200

Hi guys,
Just to say that I've now been able to test a trial of Steganos Internet
Security 2007. I think overall it's very inaccessible, but many features seem
possible to use if you read the manual and somehow sort out with some sort of
sighted help what to click on and what not, you need excellent patience, which
I just don't have. It's one of those programs where for nearly everything you
want to do you have to route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor and move it on
the screen, there isn't a menue bar that can be used with alt, and there aren't
any buttons to tab through. The stuff you have to click on when moving the
cursor is also mixed up with program text. I think that it can be made
accessible if someone were to do plenty of scripting and stuff, but it's not
something that at the moment I'd like to use at all. It does put a thing in the
system tray, but again when you press enter on it, JAWS says context menue, and
doesn't read anything back when pressing up or down. I've written to Steganos,
trying to explain to them that the program is inaccessible. I'm now going to
try PC Cillin, maybe also Kaspersky? I basically want an antivirus and
antispyware program that I can use comfortably.
Ari