[access-uk] Re: Access to Work?

  • From: Brendan Magill <brendan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:16:29 +0000

Hi Ali,

Yes, if you are going into a new job, you cannot take the equipment and software without first getting the agreement of your old employer and then getting ATW agreement; everything belongs to your old employer.

And yes, again, you can have new equipment and software provided for you by ATW in your new employment. This is actually a good thing to do, since it is unlikely that your new work circumstances will be exactly the same as your old ones. There may, for example, be a need for a completely new ATW assessment in your new job, since you may have different requirements and there may be differences in the systems in place at your old and new workplaces.

   Hope this makes sense.

      Best wishes,


Business, Employment &
Disability Consultancy

8 York Place

Phone: +44 (0)1905 28286
Fax:   +44 (0)870 127 7856

Web:   www.magill.co.uk

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq

Other related posts: