[access-uk] Re: Access to Internet Radio

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:53:28 -0000

Graham, I will pass on what I know about the trial in a few days. I have to see if my powers of persuasion have paid off. I'm like a dog with a bone, and feel quite strongly about this project, and how it should be made accessible to more people, not just a select few who perhaps repay their loyalty too strenuously (smile).

Managed to get Capital FM out of the Internet radio this evening. My son went into the menu which asks you to select genre or locations. Then he selected UK from the list which is alphabetical and begins with Afghanistan. When he selected UK, he said: "Oh mum there are over 900 stations here to choose from." He chose Capital FM and hey presto!

What we are trying to do is work out a sequence for at least getting into the menu, but I think the reality is that we are going to have to get someone sighted and patient to preset some stations we would like to listen to. Now having two stations preset, it is feasible to jump between them on our own. So presets really is the key.

Will keep[ you all posted.

Jackie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>