[access-uk] Re: Access UK Wiki?

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:53:54 +0100

I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a response to this, but for what it's worth here's my penn'orth on this.

Yes I reckon it's a great idea for us all to pool knowledge in some form. Especially for those of us in the UK, there might be a bit of an overload of information from the States and not enough of our local stuff.

The only aspect that troubles me is - does a wiki actually give you an organised enough result? I don't know, I'm just asking the daft questions if nobody else will.

The Access Now site looks fine at the moment, with a few well-defined subject areas. I'm just wondering what it will look like after a couple of dozen of us have got in there and done our own bits of editing. There's one way to find out - do the experiment. Or, does anyone already have experience of contributing to a wiki or starting one?

Certainly not a crap idea, and I'm sure it would be something a lot of us could use.

Vince.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>