[access-uk] Academic publications

  • From: "Graham Lewis" <Graham.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:04:18 +0000

Blindness has come to me late or rather gradually in life so I am not as
equiped for it as I should be.

In a past life as a Biological researcher I used academic journals and books to
inform my research but could still read in those days.  After a gew years in a
new career I getting back to research but in a new field.  What I have problems
with is getting hold of less well known books in an acessible format.

Sacnning and OCr are all very well for papers and short pieces but books are
another matter.  Is there by any chance a library service I should know about
where I can request digitised versions of non fiction books?

Graham Lewis
Centre for Academic Practice
University of Warwick
University House