[access-uk] AVG updates

  • From: "Mark Threadgold" <m.j.threadgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "accessuk list" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:26:02 +0100

Hi all.

I have win2k pro and AVG free edition on two machines.  The AVG update works
differently on them both.

On my Toshiba laptop it runs the scheduled update and the machine announces
the update was successful.  The tower does the update but then sits and
waits to be rebooted.

If you try and run the test centre it announces that the update was not
finished and that a reboot is required to complete the update process.  The
laptop does not reboot at all.

Anyone know of any setting I can change to force the update through without
rebooting please?  It is not a great problem, but the tower is permanently
on and it makes me wonder just what state AVG is in when it is waiting for a
reboot.  Is it still scanning properly?

Mark Threadgold

Of all the things I have ever lost, the thing I miss most is my mind....