[access-uk] AVG update manager

  • From: "ROBIN CLAYDEN" <robin.clayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:39:57 -0000

Hi all,

Anyone got an idea on this one?

Jaws 7, XP Pro, AVG Free edition.

I've got the update manager set to check for updates on the internet between 8
am and 9 am, or, whenever I connect to the net.

About six days out of seven, when I switch on my PC, in the system tray it
tells me, "Update manager, in order to complete the update process, it is
necessary to restart your computer" but, when I click on that item, it simply
opens up onto the AVG Control centre main page. I don't see any Ok button, or
yes/no I will restart later...

Seems to me something is not quite as it should be, I mean, it's a pain having
to double boot the pc all the time?

Anyone else get this senario?

Kind regards,

Robin Clayden, Webmaster.