[access-uk] Re: AVG pro works with Jaws 8 for me

  • From: Chris & Doris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:17:23 +0200

I have switched to avast and am quite happy with it.however, several of my friends prefer avg and have the abovementioned crash problem. I wonder if the fix for avg pro will be implemented in a future update to avg free also.

Thanks much for your feedback.

Cheers,

Doris
At 03:49 PM 6/28/2008 +0100, you wrote:
Hi,
Chris wrote: "Can someone confirm if the latest update of avg free 8.0 is
compatible with versions of jaws below 9.0 also?

Yes, however you will have to unload JAWS, start AVG, then reload JAWS. Failure to do this will result in a crash. Either upgrade to JAWS 9 or give Avast a try if you do not wish to do this. Hope this helps.
--
Chris

"Pray, pray, pray!" - Pray without ceasing. (1 Th 5:17)