[access-uk] AVG On A Network

  • From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:56:15 -0000

Hello again,

As stated in my last message, I am helping a friend set up a network between
two PC's.  The PC which has the modem attached to it has a copy of AVG 7
installed.  Will this virus protection be sufficient to protect the Windows
98 SE PC which will be connected to the XP PC using Internet Connection
Sharing over a CAT5 cable, or does the Windows 98 SE PC need its own virus
protection?  I am aware that separate virus protection would be desirable in
case infected floppies were to be inserted into the second PC, but assuming
floppies aren't going to be used, will e-mails be scanned by the first PC
before being sent to the second, or will the AVG on the first PC be bypassed
by any traffic destined for the second PC?

Thanks again for any help,

Caroline.