[access-uk] AVG Free 8.0 problem

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 13:50:16 +0100

Right guys, time to tear out what's left of my hair! (smile.)

I decided to install the latest AVG Free 8.0 today.  So I uninstalled 7.5 and
proceeded to put the new version onto my Vista Home Premium laptop.  Everything
was fine ... no error messages or anything.  After restarting the computer, I
checked for AVG updates, and that seemed to be ok too.  ?But I wanted to
customise the interface, and here's where I'm really irritated now.  I keep
getting this error that tells me the program has stopped working, and that
Microsoft is finding a solution to this problem.  I am then presented with a
close button, which I press to get out of it and back to the desktop.  I guess
it's the equivalent of the send or don't send error reporting on XP?

Has anyone tried AVG Free 8.0 yet with Vista and, if so, how is it performing?

According to what the blurb says, it is compatible with Vista, and my machine
tells me it is up-to-date.  I just wanted to get into the scheduling interface
to adjust a few things, but it doesn't let me.  I feel like committing murder
on a laptop now!! (smile.)

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx