[access-uk] APPLE TV

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ian.macrae1" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 19:59:05 +0000

Today I finally got round to setting up my apple TV. And I have to say that
had I not had the assistance of my sighted son, it would have taken me at least
a month of Sundays. But for him it was like falling off the proverbial log.
For one thing I’d never have figured out how to turn VO on in the set-up
process. Therefore the linear keyboard required for entering Apple ID info
would have been extremely difficult to operate even with my small amount of
sight. But the upside is that once someone else has done all the hard work, it
is pretty straightforward to use. However, I’m seriously hoping for two things
in particular in future software upgrades. first, an expansion of the
functionality of Siri to include things like app launching and music searches
and second, the ability to use a bluetooth keyboard with the device. Oh, and a
non-compressed version of Daniel would be nice too. The compressed on always
sounds like someone is twisting his ear at the end of certain phrases.** To
leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-