[access-uk] Re: ANYONE FOUND A FIX . . .

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:34:45 +0100

Sorry again if this has in fact made it on the list, just haven't seen it, but
hope it will be of some little help to Carol.

Not quite sure Carol what you are asking here.  I disable email protection in
AVG because, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to get to my email at all.  It isn't
that I know what I'm doing, exactly, but if I did want Norton and AVG both
doing email protection then I don't know how I'd do that.

It just happens that Norton and AVG seem to co-exist happily enough in memory
and I haven't identified a conflict as yet.  SI-Soft Sandra definitely advises
against it, and she may well be right.  Maybe I should unload AVG accept for
when I want to do a scan with it and update it.

I like to do a clean uninstall of everything when I'm not using a program, or
simply updating to another version. I definitely think this is good with
Acrobat Reader updates, at least in major version upgrades.  Things tend to be
far less problematic registry-wise if you do that.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

People say this but, in reality, I have seen two anti-virus programmes
on my machine offer better protection than one.  I have both Norton and
AVG.  They co-incide and I've known them both come up with the goodies!
This is my only problem with Norton and I hardly think it's worth
ditching if I can solve it.

Maybe I'll think differently one day . . ..