[access-uk] Re: ANYONE ELSE HAD ONE OF THESE!

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:13:12 -0000

Hmm!  Err, are you serious here Justin about lack of bad grammar?  I mean,
for example:

"...we took : > certain measures with the purpose of increasing the security
level
which will allow to keep your funds in perfect safety."

Not what I would call good English grammar.  Being such an 'umble sort my
grammar isn't perfect, as lapses in some of my messages sometimes shows.  I
never had the Latin, as Peter Cook once said, (and I never went to the right
sort of school), but I digress.

I get lots of these, and a few more since I finally parted company with
Norton Internet Security a few days ago.  Some of these scams, and some of
them are far more professional than Carol's example, are caught by anti-spam
programs, but nothing replaces caution and common sense.

I often find myself yearning for a much more secure internet where these
things cannot happen.  If that were to come about it might be at the expense
of giving the Digital Rights Management campaigners what they are after.  I'm
afraid these risks are always going to accompany the free-wheeling internet
we've come to love, and in the end vigilance is the final defence.

Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx