[access-uk] Re: AN INFURIATING LAPTOP PROBLEM

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:08:56 +0000

John,

Yes, it's XP and I have felt it was because Internet Explorer crashes, or appears to just "sit there".

Whether it's a virus - well, not to my knowledge and I use the usual packages and check regularly.

Yes, the task bar also disappears.

Would you recommend a re-install or repair of IE then?

Carol P

On 29/01/2013 23:14, John Gregory wrote:
Carol,

You don't say which version of Windows you are using, but this used to
happen sometimes in XP. It is normally caused by Windows Explorer crashing
or some other event or even a virus. Does the start menu come back when you
reboot? I assume that along with the start menu the task bar has also
disappeared?

John.